Reply To: Covid Facts
Home › Forums › Anti-Lockdown Community › Covid Facts › Reply To: Covid Facts
October 19, 2020 at 1:27 pm #540
Calgary Mask Bylaw Fine and Requirements
Where are masks required?
In all public spaces including public transit, public vehicles for hire (taxis and Uber), public indoor spaces (malls, grocery stores, retail businesses, churches and mosques), City Hall, public libraries and recreation centers.
What are the exceptions?
- Children under 2 years of age
- People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering
- People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- People who are eating or drinking at a public premises that offers food or beverage services
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability (for example, the ability to lip read)
- People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
Please note: Proof is not required if someone has an exception. Businesses are also not expected to deny services as not everyone is required to wear a face covering.
Source: City of Calgary